Aston Villa expert can't believe club could seal £55m double deal
Gabby Agbonlahor has claimed Man City are unlikely to let Aston Villa target Kyle Walker leave the Etihad Stadium this summer.
The former Aston Villa striker, speaking exclusively to Football Insider, insisted “every club in the Premier League” would be interested in signing the 32-year-old if he is available.
Sources told this site on Saturday (22 April) that Aston Villa have held internal discussions over a stunning double bid for Man City stars Walker and Kalvin Phillips.
It is believed the reigning Premier League champions could be tempted by a combined bid worth £55million.
Walker previously played for Aston Villa on loan in the 2010-11 season and could leave Man City in the summer window after falling down Pep Guardiola’s pecking order.
The England international, who is out of contract at Man City in June 2024, has made 27 appearances across all competitions this term – starting around half of City’s games.
Get Exclusive transfers news at Football Insider's YouTube TV channel
Fifth-place Villa could have European football to help lure targets this summer after winning five of their last six games.
Agbonlahor told Football Insider’s Ewan Kingsbury: “I think every club in the Premier League would sign Kyle Walker.
“For 32, he’s still so quick. I’m not sure Man City would be willing to let him go.
“Yes, he’s been in and out of the side recently but they haven’t got a lot of right-backs at the club.
“Cancelo is out on loan, and past that they’ve only got Rico Lewis.
“I don’t see Walker being an option for Villa. I can’t see City being willing to let him leave.”
In other news, Emery may axe two established Aston Villa first-teamers.