Darren Bent has been left raving as Everton reportedly close in on three new signings for £60million.
Speaking exclusively to Football Insider assistant editor Russell Edge, the former England striker believes the Toffees have learned from their “previous mistakes” and are now spending on players with “pedigree”.
✍️ | Morning, Blues! 👋
— Everton (@Everton) September 5, 2020
All of the trio are said to be costing Everton around an initial £20million, although deals for Doucoure and Allan could reportedly rise due to add-on fees.
Bent believes that all three of the players are worth the money as proven talents and that supporters at Goodison Park will not able to believe their luck.
Bent told Football Insider: “Yeah, learning from previous mistakes, I mean £60million on that quality of player, it’s all well and good spending on average players and hoping they’re good, all these players have got pedigree in their own right.
“It’s really exciting for Everton, I like Ancelotti and I think if Ancelotti is not the man in charge, do you attract these type of players? I’m not quite sure.
“When you’ve got someone like that in charge, if you’re an Everton fan right now you’re delirious, you can’t quite believe what’s happening. Everton fans would probably say they’ve underachieved for a while now but I think this is a good sign of things to come.”
Allan is the second new arrival at Goodison Park after the Toffees signed promising French left-back Niels Nkounkou earlier this summer.
Everton finished 12th in the Premier League last season, three points behind Southampton in 11th and 10 behind Tottenham in sixth.
In other Everton news, Darren Bent has been left raving over a “massive” new deal at Goodison.