Celtic news: Pundit issues 'devastating' Kyogo claim
Alan Hutton has insisted it is a “plus” for Celtic that Kyogo Furuhashi and Reo Hatate have not been called up to the Japan squad for the World Cup.
Speaking exclusively to Football Insider, the former Rangers right-back said that although the players will be “devastated” it is good news for the Hoops.
On Tuesday (1 November), Hajime Moriyasu named his 27-man World Cup squad and whilst Daizen Maeda made the cut, his Japanese teammates won’t be making the trip to Qatar.
As quoted by the Scotsman (1 November), the Japan boss said he had lots of good players to choose from but picked those he believed will be “on the same wavelength” for the international competition.
As quoted by FootballScotland (1 November), Ange Postecoglou is “disappointed” for the pair but insisted it will motivate them to continue to perform at a high level.
The Green and Whites boss added that both players will have been “particularly close” to making the cut.
Click below for exclusive transfer news
But Hutton insisted the news is a positive for the Parkhead club.
“It is a plus for Celtic,” he told Football Insider.
“For the player it is obviously devastating and it will be very difficult to take. But, if you think of how Ange is sitting at the moment, two of his top players are going to be rested up and ready to go from January onwards.“
Kyogo, 27, has scored nine goals and provided one assist in 17 appearances for the Celts so far this season.
Hatate, 24, has scored two goals and provided two assists, also in 17 appearances.