By Alan Hutton

9th Nov, 2022 | 9:46am

Fulham backed to land Ryan Kent after source's Rangers reveal - Hutton

Alan Hutton has urged Rangers to avoid letting Ryan Kent leave for free in the summer.

Speaking exclusively to Football Insider, the former Gers right-back said the Ibrox club face a “difficult” situation with both Kent and Alfredo Morelos over their futures.

On Saturday (5 November), sources told this site that Premier League club Fulham are keeping close tabs on the 25-year-old.

The winger is out of contract in the summer and talks over an extension have failed to secure an agreement.

Last month (1 October), this site revealed that Kent rejected a new contract offer as he sets his sights on a move to the English top flight.

When asked if Fulham is as high as Kent should be aiming, Hutton told Football Insider: “I think that it does not matter who you are, you always want to aim as high as possible.

Click below for exclusive transfer news

I think we need to remember this is a team in the Premier League that are doing really well this season.

They are at a good level themselves at this moment in time under a good manager. We will have to wait and see if it comes true.

Kent and Morelos are in the same situation, Rangers can’t afford to let these guys walk out the building for nothing. It is a difficult situation that Rangers face with both of them at the moment.

Fulham are continuing to monitor the Liverpool academy product as they weigh up a potential move.

Kent is free to agree a pre-contract agreement with cross border or foreign clubs from 1 January.

In other news, Hutton has told Rangers to back Giovanni van Bronckhorst with January kitty after source’s reveal today.