Date: 29th August 2019 at 7:00am
Written by:

EXCLUSIVE

Darren Bent claims that Tottenham have launched a probe into Jack Clarke’s lack of playing time this season at Leeds United.

Speaking exclusively to Football Insider, the former Spurs striker says that the north London outfit will not be happy with the amount of game time the 18-year-old has been handed by Marcelo Bielsa this season, having been sent back on loan to Elland Road over the summer.

Clarke has not played once in the Championship so far and was taken off at half-time after starting the League Cup clash against Stoke City on Tuesday evening.

Bent says that Tottenham will not be best pleased he has been given a limited amount of minutes in the first-team so far and that they will be asking Leeds questions about why he has not been afforded more action.

Asked if Spurs would be happy with Clarke’s situation, Bent told Football Insider: “No they won’t. They’ll be in close contact with Leeds to find out what is going on exactly, because I know Spurs do that.

“They’ll have asked the question over why he’s not playing, is there an issue? That’s what’s happening – they’ll know what’s going on. At the same time it’s up to Jack Clarke to go and show why he’s such a good player and why Spurs spent the money on him.”

Clarke enjoyed a successful breakthrough season during the 2018/19 campaign, coming through Leeds’ youth ranks to play a total of 25 times and score twice across all competitions.

Having been replaced at half-time against Stoke, the youngster watched his team battle from 2-0 down to finish the game 2-2, the Potters progressing to the next round after a penalty shoot-out.

In other Tottenham news, Darren Bent has told Football Insider that one of the club’s senior figures dealt them a hammer blow recently.