By Harvey Byrne
Everton attacker David Henen has told his Twitter followers that he has decided to stay at the club after long discussions.
The 21-year-old left-winger has been a part of the Toffees team for three years now after joining in the summer of 2014 on an initial loan deal from Greek giants Olympiakos.
He then made his move permanently the summer after for a fee of £200,000, but he has not yet made his debut for the Merseysiders first team, having also spent time on loan at Fleetwood in League One in the 2015-16 campaign.
Henan’s contract is also set to expire next summer, but the player told his followers via his personal Twitter account on Friday morning that he will remain at Everton for now, believing that he still has a lot to offer.
After a long time to speak with the club the right decision for me was to stay.. i think i still have a lot to do for this club #COYB
— David Henen (@HenenDavid) September 1, 2017
Henan has previously been capped five times at Under-19 level for the Belgium national team, while he has also been on the books of such giants as Standard Liege, Anderlecht and Olympiakos.
However, his only senior experience to date has came in the English third tier with Fleetwood, where he played 13 times in all competitions, returning just one goal.
Henan will now be hoping for a big year this season, either in a bid to stay at Everton, or earn a contract elsewhere when his current deal expires next summer.
In other Everton transfer news, a chairman has spoken after this Toffees striker transfer collapsed.