James Tarkowski: Expert claims Everton face 14-way transfer tussle after source reveal - 'phwoar'
Alan Hutton has claimed James Tarkowski could have offers from every club outside the top six this summer as Everton line up a summer swoop.
The former Scotland defender, speaking exclusively to Football Insider, claimed the Toffees face a “real battle” to sign the 29-year-old.
An Everton source told this site on Saturday (30 April) that the Toffees are interested in signing Tarkowski on a free transfer this summer – if they can preserve their Premier League status.
The former Brentford man has made 34 appearances across all competitions this term.
When asked if Everton will face stiff competition for Tarkowski’s signature this summer, Hutton told Football Insider‘s Russell Edge: “Phwoar, absolutely.
Subscribe to Football Insider TV now
“There’ll be a lot of suitors for him, I’m sure.
“He was valued at an astronomical amount not too long ago, so for someone like that to be available on a free – it’s going to be a real battle.
“Probably outwith the top six teams, I think everyone else would take him. He won’t be struggling for a club, put it that way.”
It is understood that Everton director of football Kevin Thelwell was at Turf Moor last month to run the rule over Tarkowski in Burnley’s 1-0 Premier League win over Wolves (24 April).
The Toffees are two points adrift of safety with a game in hand on 17th-placed Leeds United.