Frank McAvennie claims Harry Kane and Heung-Min Son may have made up their minds about leaving Tottenham after last week’s cup final loss.
The former Celtic striker, speaking exclusively to Football Insider, claims the sacking of Jose Mourinho may have also played a role in their thinking.
A Tottenham source has told Football Insider that Kane is now ‘hell-bent’ on leaving the club this summer after another trophy-less season.
Thank you for everything Boss. A pleasure to have worked together. I wish you all the best for your next chapter. pic.twitter.com/n3MLECMdC1
— Harry Kane (@HKane) April 19, 2021
The cup final loss capped off a turbulent week for Tottenham as Mourinho was sacked on the Monday morning, just six days before the clash against Manchester City.
Following the announcement, Kane posted a message on his social media accounts which included an image of himself and Mourinho with the message ‘thank you for everything Boss’.
McAvennie claims the cup final loss may prove to be the final straw for Kane and Son and he wouldn’t be surprised if both players leave this summer.
“I’ve got a feeling that Son and Kane want to move on now, after losing the cup,” McAvennie told Football Insider correspondent Ben Wild.
“I think they’ve got to make their minds up, they probably have. I wouldn’t be surprised if they both go after the Mourinho sacking and the cup final.
“It spoke volumes to me, that Kane and Son were the only players to speak out after Mourinho left, at least the only players I saw.
“I think that was them saying that a mistake had been made and they were showing how they feel.
“We know Kane was a huge Mourinho fan, so it wouldn’t surprise me now if he asked to leave this summer.”
Kane is the Premier League’s top goalscorer this season as his partnership with Son proved to be very productive in the first few months of the campaign.
Their season has somewhat fizzled out in recent weeks after being dumped out of the Europa League and as it stands the club will miss out on Champions League football.