By support

31st Dec, 2016 | 5:55pm

Kenny Miller: This Rangers moment will haunt me for the next few months

By Harvey Byrne

Kenny Miller has spoken of how his miss against Celtic in the Old Firm derby on Saturday will haunt him for the next couple of months.

The 37-year-old striker opened the scoring for his side after just 13 minutes.

However, with 10 minutes left on the clock the veteran forward struck the post, which would have levelled up the scoreline in the 2-1 defeat.

After the game, Miller explained how the team were “devastated,” while he was also personally distraught.

“We are devastated; I am personally devastated because of the fantastic opportunity to equalise,” told Miller to the official club website.

Subscribe to Football Insider TV now

“I will be going through that miss for the next couple of months, definitely the next three weeks, until we come back again.

“You just feel you need to get that bit of contact on the ball and it wasn’t a great contact to be honest, it was more off the heel than off the side of the foot but either way it is a terrible miss.

“I am personally disappointed in that but I am more devastated for the boys because we have put a lot of effort in and maybe it deserved to come to something.”

Miller has been in some good form this campaign with five goals and four assists in 26 encounters this season.

However, his miss on Saturday has left Mark Warburton’s team 19 points adrift of their Glaswegian rivals as they nestle in second place.

Fans will be pleased with how well the team has done this season after winning promotion back to the Premiership this season.

Their next goal will be to make the ground up on Brendan Rodgers’ side in a dramatic rise which has seen them emerge from the Third Division after suffering demotion in 2012.

However, beforehand they will be focusing on finishing in second place which will see them secure a place in the qualifying rounds of next season’s Europa League.

In other Rangers news, John Hartson made this plea to the Gers’ support following the New Years Eve defeat.