By Ben Dinnery

19th May, 2022 | 3:00pm

Newcastle United told to leave the country as 'unprecedented' plan emerges - expert

Newcastle United would be wise to go on a second overseas pre-season trip during the World Cup in Qatar.

That is the view of medical expert Ben Dinnery, who runs the Premier Injuries site and has a background in medicine data analysis.

The Daily Mail reported earlier this month (8 May) that Premier League clubs could take players not competing in Qatar abroad for the duration of the November-December tournament.

It is claimed that warm-weather training camps and friendlies against local opposition are on the cards.

The Magpies spent the winter break this season in Saudi Arabia, their new owners’ homeland.

And Dinnery claims that a second pre-season would be the best way to navigate the “unprecedented” pause in the 2022-23 season.

Subscribe to Football Insider TV now

“We’ve said it so many times but this is an unprecedented season,” he told Football Insider’s Adam Williams.

“There is going to be a six-week block where there is going to be no Premier League fixtures. We need to keep players ticking over because they are going to be very busy when they return on Boxing Day.

“To get players in a position where they are able to tolerate the busy winter period, you can’t have them returning cold. They will need to be doing some work off the field in order to prepare.

“You probably don’t want to be stuck in Newcastle in the midst of sub-zero temperatures. They may as well get themselves off to sunnier climes.”

Newcastle conclude their 2021-22 campaign at Burnley on Sunday (22 May).

Eddie Howe’s side could finish the season anywhere between 14th and 9th.

In other news, Expert expects Newcastle United to sign “highly regarded” Jordan Hackett “soon”.