Pundit hints at 'behind the scenes' movement on Man City bid to sign Kane after Tottenham talks
Paul Robinson has alluded to activity “behind the scenes” regarding Harry Kane’s proposed move from Tottenham to Manchester City.
The former Spurs shot-stopper, speaking exclusively to Football Insider, was reacting to the latest twist in the Kane saga.
Sky Sports reported yesterday (9th August) that Spurs boss Nuno Espirito Santo planned to have crunch talks with Kane while he quarantines.
Kane has been forced to deny that he purposefully skipped training last week. The England captain maintains he was always supposed to return to training on Saturday.
The 28-year-old is currently quarantining at Spurs Lodge until Thursday, but is training alone ahead of Spurs’ season opener against Manchester City.
Paul Robinson, who played 137 Premier League games for Spurs, believes there’s a lot more to the transfer saga than meets the eye.
Subscribe to Football Insider TV now
He told Football Insider‘s Dylan Childs:
“I think there’s more to the story than we’re being told in the media. Harry Kane’s comments on Twitter were almost like he felt he had to explain himself to the Spurs fans.
“He’s hinted that he didn’t intentionally miss training and that he was isolating instead – so I think there’s a lot more to the story than we know.
“As things develop, we will find out a lot more. Nuno saying he is available for the City game is strange, though, having trained for such little time.
“We all know what happened with Christian Eriksen. It’s very hard to keep an unhappy player unless the air is cleared and things are sorted out.”
Nuno also said yesterday (9th August) that Kane could play a part against City on Saturday.