By Danny Mills

11th Dec, 2021 | 3:00pm

Pundit suggests Conte has told Levy the 'three players he wants' in January as seven Tottenham exits touted

Danny Mills has insisted Antonio Conte is targeting a top-four finish with Tottenham this season amid a potential January overhaul.

The former England defender, speaking exclusively to Football Insider, claimed the 52-year-old has demanded additions in the winter window after “looking at the situation”.

Football Insider revealed on Monday (6 December) that Tottenham are laying the groundwork for an unprecedented January transfer spree.

A Tottenham source has told Football Insider that Conte is pushing the club to bring in multiple new signings in January, with 10 deals – both incoming and outgoing – in the pipeline.

Mills insisted that Spurs are yet to reach their full potential under the Italian.

“Conte has clearly looked at the situation and decided that the top four is up for grabs,” he told Football Insider‘s Connor Whitley.

Subscribe to Football Insider TV now

“They’ve dragged themselves into a decent position, fifth in the table, without reaching their full potential as of yet.

“If they were to win that game in hand, they’d leapfrog West Ham and be in that fourth spot at the moment.

“Conte knows the squad is understrength and not quite living up to expectations. He’s probably thinking: ‘This is why I came here. If you want me to get in the top four, give me some players.’

“He might well have gone to Levy and said: ‘These are the three players I want. If you have to clear out seven, then I’m not bothered.’”

The north London side sit fifth in the table, just two points adrift of fourth-place West Ham with a game in hand.

Tottenham remain unbeaten in the Premier League since the appointment of Conte last month.

The winter transfer window opens for business on 1 January.

In other news, there has been a major update on the future of Tottenham captain Hugo Lloris.