Revealed: Attacker to leave Liverpool after rejecting new contract
By North-west correspondent Alex Stevens
Liverpool will listen to offers for their young striker Jerome Sinclair this month after he told the club he wants to leave, Football Insider sources understand.
The teenage striker’s contract expires at the end of the season and he has rebuffed attempts from the Merseysiders to extend his deal.
A Liverpool source has told Football Insider that the 19-year-old – who is the youngest-ever player to appear for the Reds – will end his Anfield spell and the possibility is growing that he could join a new club this month.
It has been reported that Sinclair wants to explore the possibility of a move to Spain. The youngster could sign a pre-contract with a foreign club this month and then join in the summer.
Liverpool, who signed Birmingham-born Sinclair when he was 14, would be due a compensation fee for training costs if the teenager joins a new club at the end of the season.
Subscribe to Football Insider TV now
As reported by Football Insider last week, there is interest from Watford, who are prepared to pay a fee to land the former England Under-17 forward in the January window.
Liverpool have placed a £2million valuation on the striker, who scored his first goal for the club in last Friday’s 2-2 FA Cup draw against Exeter.
In total, Sinclair has made four appearances for the first team and scored just the one goal.
Meanwhile, reserve keeper Adam Bodgan, who was axed from the squad for the 3-3 draw against Liverpool on Wednesday night, will be allowed to leave if there is any interest.