By Danny Wright

14th Aug, 2017 | 10:09am

Tottenham pursuit of international forward intensifies after Twitter outburst - report

By Danny Wright

Tottenham’s pursuit of Keita Balde has intensified after the forward was omitted from Lazio’s squad for the Supercoppa Italiana clash with Juventus on Sunday.

The Mirror claims that the 22-year-old has fell out with his employers after he rejected the chance to sign a contract extension at the Stadio Olimpico as he looks to push through a move to Serie A rivals Juve.

Balde hit out at Lazio on his personal Twitter account after being left out of the side that beat Juventus 3-2 in the Italian version of England’s Community Shield.

“The lack of a call-up for the Super Cup Final has profoundly hurt me,” he said in Italian during his social media outburst.

“It is the first important match of the season, for which I had prepared and was ready for action.

Subscribe to Football Insider TV now

“The decision made by the club, which evidently had nothing to do with purely sporting criteria, puts me in a psychologically uncomfortable position and right now I don’t know how to evaluate the consequences of that.”

It is understood that West Ham and Monaco are also keen on the 12-times Senegal international, who is in the final year of his contract at Lazio.

The Mirror has previously reported that Balde would consider a move to the Premier League, but ultimately, Juventus are currently said to be leading the race for his signature.

The wide-forward was in top form for Lazio last season, scoring 16 goals and providing six assists in 34 matches in all competitions.

Football Insider Verdict

Spurs’ starting line-up against Newcastle on Sunday showed that they have a huge lack of depth in their squad. Moussa Sissoko shouldn’t still be a member of Mauricio Pochettino’s set-up and if they had a player like Balde on their books it would have easily been a more comfortable afternoon for the Londoners, who only took the advantage once the hosts were reduced to 10 men. Balde can bring goals, assists and bags of pace and talent to the Spurs squad, and most importantly offer a more consistent option for one of the attacking midfielders should injuries become a problem this term. Pochettino has to work alongside Daniel Levy to finally break Tottenham’s transfer duck and get in the Senegalese star.

In other Tottenham news, Jermaine Jenas has warned that teams like Barcelona and Real Madrid will come call for this star after his dazzling display against Newcastle on Sunday – but it isn’t goal scorer Dele Alli.

We’ve launched a << BREAKING NEWS FEED>> exclusively for your club. ‘Like Us’ on Facebook by clicking here if you want 24/7 updates on all Tottenham breaking news.