Report: Ashley ready to pull plug on Staveley for good after Newcastle talks break down
Amanda Staveley has not made any contact with Newcastle since the start of December and Mike Ashley may not even consider a fourth bid from her after being convinced she’s wasting his time, according to a report.
The Telegraph claims that after submitting three offers in December, which were rejected, there has been radio silence from her and no attempt at starting up the negotiations again.
There is a glimmer of hope, as the Telegraph also claims that she may return with a fourth offer.
However, sources have told them that Mike Ashley is unsure whether he would entertain it after feeling that his time was wasted.
Ashley wanted £300million cash up front to sell Newcastle but it is claimed that Staveley didn’t get close to this.
Her last offer was reportedly £250million and Ashley is convinced that she was wasting his time.
More bad news comes at the end of the report when it is re-iterated that no other serious bidders had been generated during the Staveley talks.
Football Insider verdict:
This isn’t great news for Newcastle fans but it might not be game over yet. The next big date on the horizon is February 12 – this is when the next Premier League TV deal is announced and it could go a long way to putting a clearer valuation on Newcastle. After that it’s all about whether Newcastle can avoid relegation. Ashley is about as popular with Newcastle fans as a bad smell and they’ll be desperate for him to go. However, he’s got his price and he’s sticking to it. Newcastle fans will just be hoping he doesn’t hold that price and take it all the way back down to the Championship.
In other Newcastle United news, Magpies reported £20m target says switch to PL would be a ‘a dream.’